[MPlayer-users] -vo jpeg output

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 2 17:56:02 CET 2004

Quoting Daniele Forghieri (guru at digitalfantasy.it):
> use the framestep filter if you want one every x frames (I use it to get
> one frame per second using -vf framestep=25) or
> use the decimate filter to output the frame when the content of the
> frame change.

Interesting. I once wrote a post-processing filter (in Perl) to pull out
frames that made good stills (minimum interlacing artifacts). It was very
effective at finding frames where the screen was blank, or in the middle of a
fade-in/out. So then I tried to set a minimum level of "interesting" content,
but that made it less good at avoiding interlacing... I never got it to a
satisfactory state.

I don't know why I'm telling this story, really, except that it'd be handy if
a filter like that was built into mplayer.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England