[MPlayer-users] -vo jpeg output

Daniele Forghieri guru at digitalfantasy.it
Tue Mar 2 17:33:54 CET 2004

Geoff wrote:

>Thanks to the help I'm getting from the list here's the line I've come up with
>so far:
>
>mplayer -nofs -vfm ffmpeg sample.mpg -vop eq2=.9:1.5:0.4:0,scale=160:112
>-nosound -vo jpeg
>
>eq2= lets me fiddle with contrast and brightness as well as achive b&w by
>setting saturation to 0.
>
>I still haven't found a way to change how many jpegs are exported per second.
>
>I tried using -vf framestep=15 but I get :
>Unknow option on the command line: vf
>
>The parameter -vf doesn't work with my version (MPlayer 0.90rc4-3.2.2) or my
>system.
>
>As a work-around I used
>
>rm *[02468].jpg
>
>to delete every other frame which gives me an effective rate of 15fps. I wish
>there was a more elegant method.
>
>Geoff

Ops, I tought that you use a new version of mplayer.

The -vf option is the new option to activate video filters (in correct
order) and the framestep filter is in mplayer from version 1.0pre1.

If you want to use the framestep filter (and ALL the new feature of
mplayer, like mpeg2 encodimg just to name one) you have to upgrade.

    Daniele Forghieri