[MPlayer-users] -vo jpeg output

marco marco at math.toronto.edu
Tue Mar 2 05:47:24 CET 2004

Hi,

> I'd like to use mplayer to output jpegs from a video clip. I have used -vo
> jpeg and it works.
>
> Now I want to do something a little different.
>
> I want to capture jpegs from a 30 sec clip and save them in grayscale. I also
> want them to be captured at a different rate than the original clip, say
> 15fps instead of 30fps. So instead of 900 jpegs from a 30 sec clip I get 450
> jpegs.
>
> I have tried the incredible array of switches and read the man page over and
> over and any way of doing this eludes me.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe you should use a video editor? I do what you say using LiVES:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~salsaman/lives/

You can easily change the framerate with it to do what you want.
It can't convert to greyscale (yet), but it's certainly possible
to do so with the help of ImageMagick (see the "Advanced tips"
section in the doc below):

http://www.reimeika.ca/amv/lives/lives_guide.html

Cheers,

marco at reimeika.ca