[MPlayer-users] Codec

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 18:13:25 CET 2004

Dave Sorg wrote:

> I've got a question. I've downloaded and untarred the codec packs
> into my / directory. Where do I copy them and how do I install them
> so I can watch my videos?

For one thing, it's a fairly bad idea to extract tarballs or the like
into the root directory. For another, this is explained in the
documentation, better than I could do it without a lot of effort. I'd
probably make the effort anyway, but:

> Also, I noticed that when I try to watch a video, it creates a huge
> number of .png files. Is there any way to stop this?

You've asked this question at least three times now, and it's been
answered onlist at least once, and yet you're still asking. I'm not sure
you're even reading replies which are sent to the mailing list; for that
matter, are you even subscribed?

--
       The Wanderer