[MPlayer-users] mencoder: increasing bitrate doesnt increasequality or filesize...why?

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at abitab.com.uy
Mon Mar 1 17:22:46 CET 2004

I'm experiencing the same behavior, but I asume that something on my system
went wrong, things were working fine, till a couple of weeks ago , no
matters what I use, vqcale=2, or vbitrate=2000, 1500, 30000, I always end up
with a file o about 700 MB of less with a vbitrate that start at about 30
reaches 1000, then  goes down to 300, 250, 600, 900 and stays there.
I just was instlling some libs, libfame, xvid and other stuff, I recompiled
mplayer serveral time, removes things with configure, but no way..

I'll reinstall the whole OS and I'll try again

C ya..