[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: Chroma interpolation

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Mon Mar 1 01:36:00 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 03:45:40PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Yes, well keep in mind the Matrox cards are VERY old by today's
> standards. Their strong point is solid support (except the broken
> linux 2.6 matroxfb -- has anyone fixed this yet?!??!?!) by the
> software, which was a result of releasing full technical
> documentation, and the actually-working TVout -- not the

"full technical documentation"? then why is the fscking HAL-module
binary only?

> latest-and-greatest scaler quality.

well, the only thing that is good on matrox cards on todays standards
ist the analogue signal quality. Too bad that decent displays have DVI ;-)
My experience with the matrox drivers regarding stability are not better
than the oh-so-bad, but at least actively maintained NVidias.
--
Stefan Seyfried