[MPlayer-users] DVD menus ?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jun 30 19:16:56 CEST 2004

Malte Gell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is MPlayer capable of showing DVD menus? When I grep'ped thru the
> sources I found this in help_mp-en.h:
>
> #define MSGTR_MENU_ShowDVDMenu "Show DVD menu"
>
> But there's no "Show DVD menu" in the GUI's interface.

This is because the only line where that MSGTR is used, in
Gui/mplayer/gtk/menu.c, is commented out.

> Is this experimental or not available at all?

To the best of my knowledge from past discussion, DVD menus are not
supported in MPlayer G1, and it is uncertain whether or not they will be
supported in G2 (if that ever comes to exist). This #define, along with
its corresponding commented-out menu entry, is presumably a placeholder
against the possibility of future support.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.