[MPlayer-users] Re: bug with streaming pnm

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 11:45:50 CEST 2004

> mplayer -cache 10 -ao pcm -af resample=22050 -aofile test.wav
> pnm://rm.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/scienceview.ra
> works for about 30 minutes, and then starts producing the following errors
> input_pnm: read error.
> Any idea why it would work for half an hour and then fail?

This is the 14K modem stream for the BBC World Service show Go Digital.

the show is approx 25 minutes in length

I tested using a larger cache of 1024 (1 meg) and the CVS build from today
it recorded fine except it seemed to lock up at 27 minutes instead of ending
which was after the show,commercials, and some news

I stopped the recording by killing the program using CTRL-C

I never saw your error message in my test.

good luck.