[MPlayer-users] Failed detection of FLV file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 14:22:30 CEST 2004

I have an FLV file which is not recognized correctly by MPlayer.
Specifically,

mplayer filename.flv

runs through a long list of possible demuxers, culminating apparently
with the XMMS plugin list, and exits with the report "No stream found."
However,

mplayer -demuxer 35 filename.flv

(which explicitly invokes libavformat to demux the file) plays back
correctly.

There is apparently a hole in the demuxer-fallback code somewhere, such
that when not explicitly specified libavformat does not necessarily get
the chance to try to detect and handle the format. This strikes me as a
rather odd bug; I can provide the file in question, if that would help
in correcting the problem.

(I'd almost rather try to fix it myself, but I don't know where to start
looking...)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.