[MPlayer-users] mplayer compile error against libtheora-1.0alpha3

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jun 23 08:23:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:46:30 +0000 (UTC)
Erik Augustson <erik_27can at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Heya all,
>
> I've installed libtheora-1.0alpha3 and enabled it in mplayer, however
> i get the following errors when it attempts to link mplayer and
> mencoder:
>
> libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(vd_theora.o)(.text+0x86): In function
> `init':: undefined reference to `theora_info_init'
> libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(vd_theora.o)(.text+0x95): In function
> `init':: undefined reference to `theora_comment_init'

You didn't include enough info, but I'd be willing to bet the answer
lies about a line or two above what you did include.  Since it doesn't
see any of the theora-defined variables, it probably didn't find the
header file, because it's in a non-standard location.

> Anyone know where the problem lies?

Find the error message gcc/make reports about not finding a
".h" file, then pass that to configure with the option
"--with-extraincdir=DIR"

> Oddly enough, i was able to compile it against libtheora fine in
> mingw32.

Doesn't seem odd to me.  Different system, different problems.