[MPlayer-users] Re: no sound while watching tv with mplayer

Duane Evenson devenson at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 20 17:02:47 CEST 2004

Tobias Diedrich wrote:

>Duane Evenson wrote:
>

>>Building audio filter chain for 44101Hz/1ch/16bit -> 44101Hz/1ch/16bit...
>>

>                                  ^^^^^                ^^^^^
>

>>I tried lavc with acodec=mp2, mp3, ac3, and adpcm_ima_wav. Mencoder
>>wouldn't work except with adpcm_ima_wav, which produced noisy sound
>>(probably a fix for that but not tonight).
>>Using the pcm codec does seem to work, resulting in probably much larger
>>files.
>>

>mp2, mp3 and ac3 only work with a fixed set of frequencies, try -srate
>44100 or -srate 48000.

Thanks, that fixes the problem.
Looking up -srate in the man pages, I also found audiorate (input audio
sampling rate) as an option for -tv.
Using audiorate=48000 also fixes the problem, but audiorate=44100 gives
the above output (44101Hz -> 44100Hz), and requires fixing by setting
the output sampling rate with the -srate command.
Could this be a rounding problem in the new code?

BTW Thanks again for the fix.