[MPlayer-users] Bad audio/video sync

dogs_rule at juno.com dogs_rule at juno.com
Sat Jun 19 20:24:45 CEST 2004

I'm trying to rip a dvd and I have been following the instructions in the documentation for this. First I've ripped the dvd to the hard drive using mencoder dvd://1 -ovc copy -oac copy -o source.avi. Then to make sure that this worked I play the video with mplayer. It works just fine with the audio and video matching up perfectly. But then, when I try encoding it using 3-pass encoding the video goes faster than it should. The audio and video sync gets off. Yet in the source.avi file everything plays right.