[MPlayer-users] Re: Non-seeking OpenDML AVI

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Fri Jun 18 20:55:21 CEST 2004

The Wanderer wrote:

> The code included in that patch appears to still be present in CVS; I'm
> not sufficiently familiar with the code to be able to tell what is and
> is not related to seeking, but I do not see any major changes from the
> version I tested. I do recall that some changes have been made to the
> OpenDML code since it was added, but from the discussion I remember it
> does not seem likely that it would produce this kind of effect.

If it is just one 'RIFF-Chunk', then current CVS will ignore the OpenDML
extension.  You can check it with "grep AVIX file", if the string is not
there it's just one chunk.

> I can provide the file if necessary, though I think I uploaded it (or
> one of its close siblings) once already; any ideas what might be going
> on here?

If it's already uploaded, please tell me the filename, otherwise it
would be nice if you could upload it.
How big is the file?
I guess 1GB would be a bit much to upload onto mplayerhq.hu, but if it's
around 100MB or less it should be ok.
If it's too big for mphq I could give you access to my DSL-Router for
upload.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, but