[MPlayer-users] fullscreen using xv on Toshiba M30 with Nvidia Go 5200

Tobias Kreisel tcrk at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 00:39:28 CEST 2004

Hi everybody!

My problem is that as soon switching to fullscreen there are strange
horizontal lines all across the screen - especially in brighter areas
(other vo work quite well, but I would really like to stick with xv and
its superb performance). An interesting aspect is that when playing two
files at once the second one has an immaculate fullscreen picture (of
course this "workaround" costs the performance advantage).
One other thing I discovered: The above mentioned lines do not only
appear in fullscreen but also when a window is stretched beyond the
borders of a desktop - the display problems start as soon as the
horizontal resolution gets above 1270 (the laptop's native resolution is
1280x800; I'm using the latest NVidia binary drivers (version 5336)).
While searching the mailing list I found a similar post und Sascha
Sommer advised to try vidix. So I did, unfortunately with little luck,
calling

# mplayer -vo xvidix -vf format=uyvy -vc divxds -v file.avi

(as root) gives me:

X11 opening display: :0.0
vo: X11 color mask:  FFFFFF  (R:FF0000 G:FF00 B:FF)
vo: X11 running at 1280x800 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
[x11] Detected wm supports layers.
[x11] Using workaround for Metacity bugs.
[x11] Detected wm supports NetWM.
[x11] Detected wm supports ABOVE state.
[x11] Detected wm supports BELOW state.
[x11] Detected wm supports FULLSCREEN state.
[x11] Current fstype setting honours FULLSCREEN ABOVE BELOW X atoms
vidixlib: dlopen error: libdha.so.0.1: cannot open shared object file:
Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

uninit audio: mp3lib
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x86b2538
vo: uninit ...

On my system the driver is located in:
/usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so

Is there anything I failed to configure? Any idea what could get xv to
work properly?

thanks for reading!
TCRK