[MPlayer-users] Why I can't config Audio drivers (alsa1x & esd) in "Preferences"

Rocky Zhang rocky at userful.com
Wed Jun 16 18:38:52 CEST 2004

Hi,

MPlayer is a terrific tool for me. I have some questions. I installed
Fedora 2 (almost everything) on my computer (Athleon CPU) and pluged in
2 labtec USB headset into internal USB ports. I'd like different
headsets play different songs at the same time.

When I use "xmms", I go to "options -> Preference -> Audio I/O Plugins
-> Output Plugin -> ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so] -> config ->
Audio device -> Labtec USB headset: USB audio (hw:0,0) ", then MP3 song
is palying in the first USB headset. I log in with another user, config
the audio device to "USB audio (hw:1,0)", the another song is playing in
the second USB headset at the same time.

But if I use MPlayer, I go to "Preferences -> Audio -> Available drivers
-> alsa1x", but the "Configure driver" button is grey out, I can't do
anything to config (because I have 2 USB audio device). The same thing
happen when I select "esd" driver, I can't config it (such as remote
host name and port number). I wonder if there is any configuration file
for it (such as .mpler/config), and how can I modify it. Does Mplayer
support to specify audio output device now and play different songs to
different audio device at the same time?

Thanks.

Any one can help me?

Rocky