[MPlayer-users] Possible bug: mpeg2video

jrs _ jrsx13 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 06:22:12 CEST 2004

I am trying to convert divx to ksvcd

I use something like the command in reference below. It works with
mpeg1video with any framerate. However when I try to encode mpeg2video in
NTSC (at 23.9 or 29.9) it does not work.

The example I am using is a 29.97 fps divx as input

simply specifying the framerate at 25 for pal makes it work and encodes (or
transcodes) it to the ksvcd but as a PAL (albeit it does have some errors as
it seems to skip some frames.). I think (hope) this will work on my dvd
player... I am going to find out soon :D

Just wanted to let people know this. I think many developers live in Europe
so it is understandable that PAL works lol

Anyways thanks to the developers as usual for a kick ass product
PS. also tried this with latest CVS - my arch is AMD-XP

reference:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/custommatrices.html