[MPlayer-users] tv grabbing

Mick email_mick_groups at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 16 05:49:28 CEST 2004

Hi Guys,

Just had an idea that i've been trying to find more information on.  I
thought maybe one of your would know.

I use freevo for my tv gui to watch pre-recorded stuff.  I record with
mencoder, and encode straight to lavc at 1600 bps.

I don't have the room to capture straight too lossy, and encode later..
But, i just thought about a fifo..  I don't have any experience using
them so though I'd ask for some tips..

Would it be plausible/possible to catpyre to somthing relativly lossless
and low CPU and write it to a fifo, then use mencoder to read the fifo
straight away and encode the tv?

The first shortfall I can think of is no 2 pass encoding..  But what I'm
doing now isn't 2 pass encoding.. The issue i'm trying to resolve is
some intermitant but apprant jumps in video.. Some chanels more obviuus
than others.  I'm using a duron 1300 for capture...

Cheers,

Mick