[MPlayer-users] mplayer says that my computer is too slow

troloo at idea.net.pl troloo at idea.net.pl
Mon Jun 14 21:12:03 CEST 2004

Hi, I have IBM X21 laptop (PIII 700, 384MB RAM, ATI Rage 4MB) and I've
installed Fedora Core 2. Then I compiled newest mplayer, everything
seems fine but the fact, that when I play a movie/videoclip using for
example SDL mplayer says that my computer is too slow. Does it really
have such high system requirements? On WindowsXP I didn't have any
problems with DivX/XviD/MPG. Should I recompile SDL for my machine?

If my question is stupid I'm sorry, I'm linux newbie...

Thanks in advance,

TroLoo