[MPlayer-users] re-encoding and re-create index

zelos zelos at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 13 10:26:24 CEST 2004

Hi everybody!

I have to re-create index of several videos because all videos I encoded
specially for my DVD player are not fully viewable(ex: it stops at 1:38
instead of 1:53).

I explain:

I encoded my videos from my cam with mencoder several months ago in a
format which is not recognised by my dvd-divx-player!

I re-encoded them recently with this script:

#!/bin/bash
for i in *.avi
do
mencoder -o cfait/$i -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1800:acodec=mp3 $i
mv $i $i.done
done

I had to specify vbitrate=1800 because vbitrate=800(default) gave me
some bad results!

Finally, when I play them, the index is buggy(see example above)!

I tried to re-index them this way:

mencoder --forceidx --oac copy --ovc copy -o output.avi input.avi

The result was a worst quality video!

Any idea?

--
zelos <zelos at wanadoo.fr>