[MPlayer-users] maybe a bug in mpeg1video output (a/v async inlatter processing)?

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Fri Jun 11 17:53:08 CEST 2004

This is problem that is quite known.
First mencoder is done with avi in mind, and this made him totaly
avi orientated. One of the bad things it does is to write an zero byte
lenght packet that mean the last frame should remain visible as it is.
Of cource this is not allowed in mpeg. But it is still done!

As workaround dalias have created an vf_softdup filter that repeats
the frame instead writing these hacks.

Another more drastic workaround is to disable frame skip/dublicate
code with -mc 0, try and see what works better for you.

Also make sure that you use the latest CVS version, as there
have been done some modifications to mpeg muxer that
(I hope) fix system timestamps and presentation/display timestaps.
(with better knowlgade of bitrate etc.)

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive