[MPlayer-users] config's

Bennett Perkins bennett.perkins at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 11 14:48:05 CEST 2004

it clown wrote:

>Hi All
>
>How do you configure you're mplayr.conf codecs.conf and
>input.conf files? When i run gmplayer it says that those
>files do not exist. My gmplayer is working tho, thanks.
>
>Regards

Chances are you don't need to. If it says something like:

File not found: ~/mplayer.conf
Using file: /usr/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf

then it means you don't have a conf file in your home directory, so it's
using the global file.

If you want to override any of the values in the global file, create the
".mplayer" directory in you home path, and create a file called "config".

And if it doesn't say its using a global config file, don't worry: the
default values are usually sane.

Bennett.

ps:
My ~/.mplayer/config: