[MPlayer-users] Re: getting kerndeint to interpolate?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Wed Jun 9 23:23:38 CEST 2004

Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

> It says it's Donald Graft's deinterlacer.

It's one of Donald Graft's deinterlacers. :-)

Not the same one as the one used in virtualdub (I guess transcode
uses the virtualdub one).
It's a port of an avisynth deinterlacer.

> Perhaps it's just me, and one *can* tell it to interpolate when
> deinterlacing?

It's not designed to interpolate and it doesn't just blend the two
fields either, it includes the previous frame as a source of data:

http://neuron2.net/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9
http://neuron2.net/journal/journal2003.html

I think his newest journal entry on deinterlacer comparison is also
interesting.

http://neuron2.net/journal/journal.html

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com