[MPlayer-users] RFC: docs update for "how to create a high quality DVD rip"

H du Plooy hdp at webmail.co.za
Wed Jun 9 10:46:27 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 10:13, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> We're not talking about an orchestra but people talking and random
> sound effects, and a little music here and there.
Lord Of The Rings has BIG orchestral music, a lot of the time.  And choral.
Gladiator. Little Nicky.  A lot of movies do.  We were talking about creating
"a high quality DVD rip," weren't we (subject of this thread)?

> BTW after the idiotic stuff you said earlier in this thread, I think
> you can cut the elitism.
You just love making personal comments don't you?  I might misunderstand a few
things about video (and I haven't claimed otherwise), but I don't see how my
being able to distinguish between original DVD audio and 96kbit vorbis/mp3
make me an elitist.

Hans