[MPlayer-users] Stream to file

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Mon Jun 7 15:44:23 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I'm trying to record a streamed file with the -dumpaudio option of
mplayer. Though I realize I must have a codec problem (the streaming is
a RealAudio and plays ok in RealPlayer), I don't understand why mplayer
still dumps things for a few minutes (resulting in a 11MB file) instead
of telling me straight ahead that it doesn't understand the codec...

The music is here:
http://wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=8635&drop=5

I'm trying to launch it with:
mplayer
"rtsp://archive.wfmu.org/archive/HP/hp030824.rm?start=1:1:48&end=2:9:27&title=Andrew Bird-Master Fade / Banking on a Myth" -dumpaudio

Thanks for any hint!

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>