[MPlayer-users] Cache doesn't refill

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Mon Jun 7 11:23:39 CEST 2004

> I noticed that the cache only fills at start-up, but  after a certain
> point it's filling percentage drops to 0 and doesn't refill, with
> obvious underrun problems.

Often this happens when (not surprisingly) mplayer can't get the data
fast enough.  Sometimes I'm not sure why it happens, as e.g. playing
over NFS gets a buffer underrun but copying the file goes at many
MB/sec.  I think the default behaviour is to keep it as full as
possible, but often enlarging the cache size can help - e.g. -cache
32767.  Unfortunately doing this results in extremely slow seeking
though.

What were you playing that was getting underruns?

Cheers,
Adam.