[MPlayer-users] newbie question about DivX 5.03

David qed at ono.com
Mon Jun 7 09:54:20 CEST 2004

Hi!
I read in mplayer home site under MPLAYER FEATURES that DivX is supported:

	most important video codecs:
	MPEG4 in all variants including DivX ;-), OpenDivX (DivX4), DivX 5.02, XviD

But it looks like DivX 5.03 isn't still supported.

In fact I got a DivX 5.03 video and it begins to play but stops after a few
minutes. I can restart and jump the place where it stopped firstly, but it
crashes again later.

My question:
How can I enable DivX 5.03 working in mplayer?
In general, how can one install any codec? Is there a standard way to do that?
TIA

Regards

PS I'm using mplayer 0.92