[MPlayer-users] lavc vs. xvid (and improving lavc quality)

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jun 7 09:43:34 CEST 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:50:51 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> This is nonsense. At fixed bitrate encoding, denoise3d will always
> improve quality

And, at fixed-bitrate encoding, pp=lb will always improve quality over
pp=md...  It amazes me how contradictory your advice seems to be...

hqdn3d creates artifacts that I really strongly dislike.  I find it much
better to use up a few more bits (and I really mean very "few") and get
something that looks much better, doesn't have picture distortion, nor
discoloration problems.