[MPlayer-users] deinterlace+horiz scale

Matthias Wieser matthias-wieser at t-online.de
Sun Jun 6 13:21:04 CEST 2004

rcooley wrote:

> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> > And it also has ghosts whenever there was motion!! VERY VERY BAD!!
> > (Same thing as pp=lb :)
>
> Blur isn't good, but I think you over-state it.  With deinterlacers, I
> use pp=lb because it's the only one that doesn't produce
> terrible-looking output.

With deinterlacers, I don't use pp=lb because it's the only one that
produce terrible-looking output at high-motion scenes.

What about kerndeint? Output looks like pp=md without jagged edges.

Anyone willing to change pp=md to use linear (or cubic) interpolation when
it deinterlaces?

> pp=md looks bad on most material, and
> absolutely terrible on high-contrast material like animation, on-screen
> text, etc.

It looks well if you scale down after deinterlacing.

       Matthias