[MPlayer-users] Problems playing RealPlayer streams.

mplayerhq.hu at jamesplace.net mplayerhq.hu at jamesplace.net
Sun Jun 6 05:22:16 CEST 2004

Hey Folks.

I've just started using MPlayer. Great program! I've got the plug-in installed
under Fedora Core 2 with Mozilla 1.6 and it's playing Windows Media
streams,MP3s, and QuickTime ok. I'm having some problems getting it
configured to play RealPlayer streams. I guess I am not very knowledgeable
about how these various streams work. I must be missing something. The
streams I'm trying to listen to are the “Real” links of the following 3 pages
as examples:

Any link on http://www.cspan.org
http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Weekend_Magazine/
http://resources.christianity.com/ministries/rzim/main/searchItems.jhtml

All I get is the small blue "puzzle piece" when I click on it it says, "This
page contains information of type (audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin) than can only
be views with the appropriate Plug-in."

I've downloaded the All-in-one package codecs package and copied the files
to /usr/local/lib/codecs/*

Is there something else I need to do to make the plugin play these type of
streams?

The specific RPMs I've installed are:
   lame-libs-3.96-1.i386.rpm
   mplayer-1.0pre4-3.i386.rpm
   mplayer-common-1.0pre4-3.i386.rpm
   mplayer-gui-1.0pre4-3.i386.rpm
   mplayer-skin-default-1.0-2.noarch.rpm
   mplayerplug-in-2.60-fc1.i386.rpm
and essential-20040427.tar.bz2
also RealPlayer9-9.0.7.151-6.fdr.0.i386.rpm is installed.

Thanks much.