[MPlayer-users] Fitting a big file on a 700mb cd with mencoder?

khurram khurram at rcn.com
Fri Jun 4 23:45:49 CEST 2004

Yes, thats more clear Wanderer.  Thx.

I went all the way back to -ss 4000, and it spit out a file that works
with mplayer (not with xine for some reason).  Its some part of the movie,
in the end somewhere.  So i kept going back until i hit ss value of 500,
but then i get a file in the size of 900+mb's.  Whats the point then?  I
mean the whole reason for this was that i wanted to shrink the 1.4gb file
and fit it on a cd or cd's somehow.

As for avidemux, yes, i tried that too.  Way too slow, takes around 4hrs
time of what ffmpeg can do in 40mins.

Oh, btw, i tried that script again.  Whats funny is that i am not getting
any artifacts or problems if i playback the movie with mplayer.  If i use
xine, the artifacts return.  Strange..