[MPlayer-users] Re: how to get proper tv-out working with a matroxg450?

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Fri Jun 4 19:25:45 CEST 2004

> > i've had enourmous trouble trying to get a matrox g450 to display video
on
> > the tv-out and found it actually not to be supported. tv-out worked via
> > matroxfb on secondary head as /dev/fb1 but with ugly effects probably
from
> > lack of proper buffering as well as no acceleration on fb1 (i got nasty
> > "cuts" in the middle of the picture, looked like the next frame was
> > overlapping..), so i found it to be unusable. i followed this guide:
> > http://www.bglug.ca/matrox_tvout/g450_tvout_howto.html
>
> You could also try directfb, which should work properly with fb1. Or,
> modify vo_fbdev or vo_fbdev2 to support page flipped mode like
> mplayer-g2 can do. (I wouldn't recommend using G2 itself because it
> barely works.)

nope. like i wrote in my post: directfb can't do the trick with 4 matrox
cards, and that is what i need. i was told so on the directfb-list.

all in all the situation looks very bad for what i intend to do and i would
really wish for proper support of g450 tv-out. i wonder that not too many
people seem to have that problem, but then again, most people prolly stick
with directfb.