[MPlayer-users] configuration of the fullscreen

Werner Scheinast (651) w.scheinast at fz-rossendorf.de
Fri Jun 4 15:35:30 CEST 2004

Am 04.06.04 schrieb gaulon at eurospace.de:

> I have a graphic card without TV-Out (800x600) and a LCD (1280x1024).

"without"?  ;-)

> The twinview is configured to clone the both displays, but of on TV, I
> have of course only the left top corner of the LCD image. The mplayer
> fullscreen function extends the movie on the LCD size, not really what i
> need!

I also have a laptop with Nvidia graphics configured as "twinview", and
mplayer does the right job, i.e. makes fullscreen limited to the external
TV or CRT.
Maybe your problem is only due to a "stupid" window manager!? The WM
should be responsible for the xinerama functions.
My tip: Fvwm or newer versions of Icewm.

Perhaps it makes a difference that for my Geforce2 Go the external CRT or
TV is considered as the primary screen by the driver. - Or that I made a
specific "metamode"  configuration in XF86Config, not only "clone".
Anyway, the TV screen is still a subset of the LCD, but not in the upper
left corner.

> Is there any way to limit the fullscreen size to the TV resolution for
> mplayer or better gmplayer?

Try to move the gmplayer windows (control and output window) entirely into
the TV area before switching to fullscreen.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Julien (a new mailing list user)

De rien,

Werner (also new)