[MPlayer-users] BUG REPORT: command line options not immediately interpretted

Rob Prowel tempest766 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 08:23:14 CEST 2004

Back in version 0.98 and earlier, the -brightness and
-contrast command line options worked as expected.  In
more recent versions, and including the latest stable
version, they do not take affect until the video is on
screen and I explicitely press a menu key such as (2)
for contrast or (4) for brightness, and then the video
jumps to the value originally specified on the command
line.

It seems that the command line values are not being
completely interpretted when the movie starts, but are
only being partially registered, as is evident by them
becoming active only after I press a
brightness/contrast menu key.

It also seems that the default values are somewhat
lower than they should be, even though I have my
monitor gamma set correctly and use a relatively high
color temperature.  Viewing still jpg images in other
programs like xv (xview) shows the images at the
correct intensity.  Are there compile-time macros
where I can set different default brightness and
contrast values?

platform: linux 2.6.6 (Suse 8.1 with lots of package
updates from sourcecode)
gcc: 3.3
xfree 4.3

I am exclusively using the xv vo driver since I play
most content in full screen mode and only have humble
i82810 onboard graphics.

regards,
Rob