[MPlayer-users] Alsa fails in Slackware 10.0

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 13:55:43 CEST 2004

> > 0: bt87x
> > 1: bt87x
> > 2: snd-emu10k1
> > 3: snd-cmipci
>
>What order does lspci report the cards are in?  If it's the same you
>could try physically moving the cards into other slots to see if that
>changes the order...

Yes I re-ordered the cards for fun. The first job as the kernel loads is
probing the bttv cards. Yeas, everything are modules but I havn't tried to
compile bttv into the kernel. But why?

I did without the /etc/rc.d/rc.alsa script and built the modules.conf but it
was necessary to run 'modprobe snd-emu10k1' and 'modprobe snd-oss' to get
sound working which it very funny. So I'll go with the script.

>Of course if everything is compiled as modules it should work loading
>the snd-* ones first.

How about renaming the /etc/rc.d script so Alsa comes to the top? Anyone
using Slackware with any ideas?

Regards,

Roger.