[MPlayer-users] Okay, I am lost here....

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Jul 31 09:34:17 CEST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:54:31 -0500
Andrew Konosky <TerranAce007 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Well, I think the reason why it was poor quality earlier was because I
> was doing other things during the encoding and must have overloaded my
> system.

Non-sense.  Computers don't get "overloaded", they just slow down and
take longer.  You're probably a Windows convert, and are just used-to
things breaking for no reason...

> I encoded the first divx file and ended up with a 750mb mpeg file,
> so I will have to reduce the bitrate a little.

No.  SVCDs can store 795MBs on one 700MB/80MIN CD.  That's without
overburning at all.

You would do well to look-up some information on SVCDs on the internet.
There is ample information readily available.

> The main problem is the audio/video interleave. The sound was about
> 1/2 second delayed

Ah.  Yes.  It looks like nobody has updated that script lately.  Edit
the text file, and change "$vfopts" to "$vfopts,harddup".  That should
completely solve your problem.