[MPlayer-users] No mpeg1codec?

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 29 16:08:51 CEST 2004

I am trying to encode a DVD into MPEG1 in order to make a VCD. I can
encode fine in MPEG4 format, but I need MPEG1 for the VCD, correct? K3b
won't accept MPEG4 *.avi files when I try to make a VCD either. When I
try to encode an MPEG1 file with vcodec=mpeg1video, I get an error
because it can't open the codec. DO I have to download and install this
seperately?

Also, what widescreen and standard resolutions should I shoot for in
order to be compatible with most DVD players?