[MPlayer-users] Re: [SLE] Playing DVDs on MPlayer from a directory takes a long time to start

Pieter Hulshoff phulshof at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 27 21:54:17 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 21:35, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> * Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof at xs4all.nl>
> > It works like a charm, but it takes a long time (about 2 minutes) to
> > start!
> Did you build mplayer yourself from the (latest) sources  ?

I tried both the version downloaded from Packman and one I compiled
(1.0pre5-3.3.3), but no luck. I just ran it with a high verbose level, and it
seems to be stuck while displaying:
get_path('DVDKeys') -> '/home/phulshof/.mplayer/DVDKeys'
about 9 times (there's quite a bit of time between each message).

> I suually play the VOB files directly
> (as in mplayer /path/to/files/copied/from/dvd/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB
> which starts up just fine

I seem to be having some encryption problems when I try that. I remember
reading something about that on a forum, but I'll have to Google for it again
sometime to see what the solution to that problem was.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff