[MPlayer-users] Compile Problems on OS X with the CVS head

Dave Chand devchan1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 26 23:50:54 CEST 2004

Hi,
	I am compile the latest mplayer cvs head on os x and I am getting the
following errors.

cc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
ld: warning table of contents of library: libvo/libvo.a not sorted
slower link editing will result (use the ranlib(1) -s option)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _WinID
libvo/libvo.a(vo_quartz.o) definition of _WinID in section
(__DATA,__data)
libvo/libvo.a(x11_common.o) definition of _WinID in section
(__DATA,__data)
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/usr/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
.
.
.
cc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
ld: warning table of contents of library: libvo/libvo.a not sorted
slower link editing will result (use the ranlib(1) -s option)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _WinID
libvo/libvo.a(vo_quartz.o) definition of _WinID in section
(__DATA,__data)
libvo/libvo.a(x11_common.o) definition of _WinID in section
(__DATA,__data)
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/usr/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
dave:[~/src/main]$

Any Ideas why this is happening, anything I can do about it?

With Regards,
-DC