[MPlayer-users] Re: Newly emerged mplayer-1.0_pre5-r2 cannot recognize URL

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 14:31:43 CEST 2004

> Hi,
> I'm using Gentoo.
>
> I emerged sync today and found that mplayer upgrade to 1.0_pre5-r2
> and happily I upgrade my mplayer from 1.0_pre4 to pre5-r2.  And
> then, I found
>
> $ mplayer http://foo.com:port
>
> oops with

tested on my box using latest CVS build.
started up a local apache webserver instance
stuck an audio file in the webserver directory

mplayer http://localhost:80/file.mp3
worked okay

in your example below you do not show any files in your URL.

using your example
mplayer http://localhost:80
 in my case it tried to play the webserver index.html file which was invalid.
but it seemed to be working as expected.

good luck