[MPlayer-users] Best options for my display?

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 18:48:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 22 Jul 2004 16:11, Scholz Ulrich wrote:
> On my Vaio, xvinfo says:
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
>  no adaptors present
> So it seems, we do not have the same grapic card.  Or maybe, I don't have
> the right drivers.  What does xvinfo say on your PC?

Firstly, what version of XFree86 do you have? Maybe older versions didn't
support Xv on the Rage Mobility.

Also, perhaps you need to use the GATOS enhanced ATI drivers - gatos.sf.net -
which appear to have better support for Xv.

(I don't actually have an ATI card to play around with anymore to test these
theories, so I'm only guessing.)

Hope these pointers help.

Stephen