[MPlayer-users] Cropdetector

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 03:20:40 CEST 2004

From: Loren Merritt <lorenm at u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Cropdetector
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Loren !

 ...sometimes only a couple of words enlight my whole day !!!

 Thanks a lot!

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>
> >  Do you know the state of the Large File Support in recent kernels of
> >  Linux (2.6.7) ?
> >
> >  Otherwise extracting the video in one big file is not a good idea
> >  since it normally exceeds 2Gigs.
>
> Did something break recently? I've never had problems with large files in
> 2.4 kernels.
>
> But you don't need to extract it into one big file. vobcopy will copy the
!!! > vobs as-is (usually 1 GiB each), and mencoder _can_ read from multiple    !!!
!!! > input files as long as they're named vts_*.vob and are loaded via the     !!!
!!! > dvd:// syntax.                                                            !!!