[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-1.0pre5: compile and fullscreen bug

Peter Schlaf peter.schlaf at web.de
Sun Jul 18 16:36:49 CEST 2004

Hello,

I tried to compile MPlayer-1.0pre5 on a SuSE Linux 9.0 (i586) System
(Pentium 4, Linux Kernel 2.4.21-144-smp4G, gcc version 3.3.1).
After
   ./configure --enable-gui --enable-menu
and
   make
I got the following output:

ffv1.c: In function `encode_rgb_frame':
ffv1.c:465: internal compiler error: in find_function_data, at
function.c:319
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [ffv1.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/MPlayer/MPlayer-1.0pre5/libavcodec'
make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

In libavcodec/ffv1.c (function encode_rgb_frame) I changed the line
     const int ring_size=2;
into
     int ring_size=2;

After that change it was possible to compile that piece.

However, the next problem is the fullscreen switch (Button F on
keyboard). It doesn't work. I got some weird results.
With MPEG1, ASF and WMV the video expands to a larger size, but the
window remains, so only the left top corner of the video is visible.
With MPEG2 video there is no fullscreen and no change of size at all.
The window remains here too, but the video display is shifted down, so
the lower part of the video is not visible.

I took MPlayer-1.0pre4 again and got no problem with compiling and
fullscreen.

CU
Peter