[MPlayer-users] compile problems

Antonio debian at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jul 16 19:10:39 CEST 2004

kringla wrote:
> I am unable to compile the new version of mplayer with 'live' support. I
> get tons of errors that seems to come from demux_rtp.cpp.
>
> This is what i tried:
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="--enable-gui --enable-live --disable-rtc
> --enable-real
> --with-reallibdir=/usr/src/mplayer/MPlayer-1.0pre5/rp9codecs/
> --with-reallibdir=/usr/local/live/" fakeroot debian/rules binary

The last option is wrong, try: --with-livelibdir=/usr/local/live
assumed that you have compiled the livemedia library in /usr/local/live

If you are interested, I've done a script that downloads source font
skin and codecs and create a debian package that you can install with
dpkg -i. But there isn't the livemedia support because I wasn't able to
enable it since now, but I'm working on it. The output of the script is
in Italian for now, but if it can be useful to someone I could translate
it to English.

I created the .deb with this  options:
  --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer --disable-runtime-cpudetection
--enable-gui --language=it

(most others are defaults, and they aren't necessary)

but if you compile manually you have to modify debian/rules to allow
--disable-runtime-cpudetection

- Antonio