[MPlayer-users] Why I can't increse/decrease volume in Mplayer

Rocky Zhang rocky at userful.com
Mon Jul 12 21:37:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

I download latest Mplayer to my computer (Fedora 2). And I connected 1
Labtec USB headset, and config Mplayer to use ALSA sound drive. The
problem is I can't control the volume of playing movie. I drag the
volume button to right, after I release my mouse, it go back to the left
side. Is there any configuration I can modify to make it work?

I test another audio application -- Xmms, in it's preference there is a
checkbox for "Software Volume Control", after I check it, I can control
my volume when I play songs.

Anyone else can help me?

Thanks.

Rocky