[MPlayer-users] cvidix?

Bennett Perkins bennett.perkins at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 12 09:04:14 CEST 2004

Hi,

I was wondering what the cvidix driver is supposed to do, especially for an
nvidia card. I want an accelerated driver, that is capable of playing from a
console, without using tv out (because my monitor is waaay better than my
tv). Is cvidix capable of this? Or is it for use only with tv out?

vesa works for my computer, but looks terrible (adds scanlines for some insane
reason). fbdev is not accelerated. That leaves cvidix, but it doesn't seem to
do anything. It looks as if the output goes to the tv out, even though there
is no tv attatched. (I could be wrong here, but I have no way of finding out
since I don't have a svideo to rf converter).

I'm posting here as a last resort, since I can't find enough info in the docs,
or using google.

My card is a geforce4 mx440 8x, with tv out.

Bennett.