[MPlayer-users] Hauppauge/Conexant composite input problems

Mike Williams mike at gaima.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 19:25:45 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is off topic, but I hope it is, slightly :)

I've been trying to record the ouput from a small black and white camera, with
a Hauppauge tv card and mencoder.
The camera has a scart socket output, and I've added a scart to composite
adaptor.
So far I can watch and hear the output when connected via the scart socket,
and 3 phono composite, directly to a TV. Haven't yet tried audio (not too
fussed about that), so, I can watch the output in Windows, and watch the
output in tvtime (badly), but I can't get anything with mplayer/mencoder.

The card is a wintv-go using the newer conexant cx88 chipset, with RF and
single phono composite video in.
I'm using 2.6.7 with the latest v4l2 patches.

The command lines I've been using are:
mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:input=2:device=/dev/v4l/video0:norm=PAL tv://
Changing the input and appending numbers to tv://, and trying to specify the
output size.
Input 2 is Composite1, input 3 S-Video.

The best I've gotten is the top half of the picture is very very faintly snowy
(but mildly coloured), with the rest plain black. If you weren't looking too
closely, you'd only see a black screen.

TvTime gives basically the same output on both composite and s-video.

I'm using mplayer 1.0pre4-3.3.2.

Can anyone help me get this working properly?

Cheers

--
Mike Williams