[MPlayer-users] Interlaced TV-OUT

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Fri Jul 9 16:26:59 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 02:53 -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Make sure you're running at the native resolution (480 lines for NTSC
> or 576 for PAL) so that no vertical scaling of the movie takes place.

What about overscan?  At least with my NVidia card, I can adjust
overscan, and I assume that the end result is the same: vertical scaling
(at least as far as my TV is concerned).  I've tried various levels and
it all seems to look the same.  (That is, awful.)

> Then it will mostly work, aside from some glitches due to timer drift.
> (The player should sync to vblank rather than audio for interlaced
> content!)

How do you make MPlayer do this?  Doesn't it need specific support for
the card for this?

NVidia's binary driver appears to have a feature where you can force
sync to vblank for XvPutVideo and XvPutStill.  But Mplayer's xv driver
XvPutImage so this doesn't help.

I'd love to get interlaced content looking decent on my video card.
It's just about the last thing to do on my Linux video setup :)  But I
think I'm missing a few pieces of the puzzle ...

Cheers,
Jason.