[MPlayer-users] Matrox P650 NO-SPAM

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Thu Jul 8 01:46:44 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 01:23, henrik at arcor.de wrote:

Okay, don't have a P6xx/7xx on my own, but will try to throw some
thoughts in the ring

> When i run mplayer with x11 as vo-option i will get a bad picture
> with weird squares in it.
Do you use a kernel frame buffer? Sometimes it is said that using a
frame buffer driven console and X might lead to some trouble. Though,
I've never had these problemes with my G400, its frame buffer code /X11
driver seems to be mature enough for using a frame buffer enabled
kernel and X.

> If i want to run mplayer with xv or sdl as
> vo-option, mplayer won't do it, mplayer ignores my vo-option and run
> with x11 as vo-option.
Does the P650 driver support XVideo after all? What does
"xdpyinfo | grep -i XV" say?
Does your XF86Config contain
Load "extmod"
in the Module-section? XVideo is loaded by extmod.

HTH
Malte