[MPlayer-users] 2 audio streams

Mick email_mick_groups at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 6 02:55:02 CEST 2004

Well, maybe that should be 2 audio outputs..

I'm having some issues trying to work out the best method for audio
output.

I have wired up my house with as 2 audio area's.  (both currently
stereo, but soon to be 5.1 in my HT and stereo in my outdoor area).

I use freevo for my audio GUI, on a g400 for TV out.

Right now I have a "switch" I soldered for flipping the audio from one
"area" to the next (like A/B speakers off a good amp, but I have 2
bad/cheap amps)

I have 2 sound cards, one is an SBlive value, the other is a dxr3.

I'm wondering if mplayer can be manipulated into
a) Outputting 2 seperate streams, 1 to each card?
b) as a last resord, 2 sepereate streams of stereo to the "front" abd
"back" output of the sblive.

I've spend a fair bit of time reading hte man pages and searching google
but I'm not getting anyware.

And yes, I do think freevo could be hacked to launch 2 mplayer stream,
but there would be extra complications in the way it manages the mplayer
child, as one might finish before the other, cause a next track call
before the one stream has finished.

Also, "audio delay" through the house would be out of wack.. I do not
have expensive "delay loops" for those times when you want you the whole
house rockin! ;-)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Mick