[MPlayer-users] mplayer and links2

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Jul 5 01:05:31 CEST 2004

Has anybody successfully added mplayer to the associations in setup for
links2. I have tried to do this using video/x-ms-asf. when I get to a file
of this type, I'm given the choice to open with window media save or
display even though I unchecked the box about having it ask me whether to
open mplayer or not. when I choose the link to open with windows media,
(the label I used not the player) it appears to go to mplayer but only
goes through the opening info about conf files etc and lists usage an
exits.
1. is there something else I need to do (an option I need to put in to the
associations) to get this to work?
2. what other filetypes should I list under "content-type" besides
video/x-ms-asf?
Thanks.

--
Cheryl